All courses include the required instructor guides, instruction and follow up support.
PLEASE NOTE: Certifications are issued by the NRA training department. Therefore, there will be additional certification and processing fees payable to the NRA.
To qualify as a NRA Personal Protection in the Home Instructor:
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete both the NRA Personal Protection in the Home Course and the NRA Personal Protection in the Home Instructor Course, and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
- Complete the NRA Basic Instructor Training Course within the past 2 years if it is not part of this offering
- Pass the PPIH Instructor Pre-qualification, which we will perform during class.
- Fill out the PreCourse-Questionnaire.pdf
Please remember NRA Instructor Courses are performance-based courses. Instructor Candidates must possess the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of training.
Please download and read our Liability_Waiver.pdf