This 10 hour course includes classroom and range time learning to HOW TO TEACH the sport of shooting rifles. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course.
Instructor Candidates learn how to teach the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development.
All courses include the required manuals, instruction and follow up support.
PLEASE NOTE: Certifications are issued by the NRA training department. Therefore, there will be additional certification and processing fees payable to the NRA.
To qualify as a NRA Basic Rifle Instructor:
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete both the NRA Basics of Rifle Shooting Course and the NRA Rifle Instructor Course, and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
- Complete the NRA Basic Instructor Training Course within the past 2 years if it is not part of this offering
- Pass the Rifle Instructor Pre-qualification, RiflePreQual.pdf, which we will perform during class.
- Fill out the PreCourse-Questionnaire.pdf
Please remember NRA Instructor Courses are performance-based courses. Instructor Candidates must possess the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of training.
Please download and read our Liability_Waiver.pdf