- Sunday, March 20
Course Description: This course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to training and supervising NRA range safety officers and developing range standard operating procedures. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course and complete an instructor certification examination. Instructor Candidates should allow ample study time as we distribute course materials upon payment to be read prior to the class.
- Introduction to NRA Basic Range Safety Officer Course Lesson Plans
- The Role of the Chief Range Safety Officer and Range Standard Operating Procedures
- Teaching the Role of the Range Safety Officer and SOPs
- Teaching Range Inspections and Range Rules
- Teaching Range Safety Briefings
- Teaching Emergency Procedures
- Teaching Gun Stoppages and Malfunctions
Prerequisites: All students must have successfully completed the NRA Basic Range Safety Officer Course. NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) should be current within the past 24 months or will need to be taken prior to credentials being issued.
Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns for demonstration purposes only
(Please no ammo in the classroom)
We encourage our students to bring along any range gear that they have found handy or useful in your experience, career, etc.
A cooler with snacks and liquids
Pen and paper for taking notes