Available Dates: Sunday, September 25
Live classroom via ZOOM Sunday, September 25th beginning at 10 a.m.
Shooting Exercise to follow
Join Treasure Coast Firearms Training LLC for a course on carrying a concealed weapon in the State of Florida. Once you make the decision to carry, you MUST know how to keep yourself out of trouble with the law.
This course covers some of the highlights of the Florida 790 statutes and other pertinent subjects including:
- Who is Eligible?
- How Do I Apply for a Concealed Weapon License?
- How much does it cost to obtain a Concealed Weapon License?
- Where can I carry my concealed weapon?
- Will my Concealed Weapon License be Honored in Other States?
- What are some alternatives if lethal force is not justified?
- What is the Stand Your Ground Law?
- What rights do I have under the Castle Doctrine?
- Do I have a duty to Retreat?
- What type of weapon is best for me?
- What type of ammunition should I use?
- Rules for safe gun handling, using, and storing your concealed weapon
In addition, we will discuss what to expect if you are involved in an incident with your concealed weapon. What resources are available in the event you are involved in some type of altercation?
This course involves a shooting exercise. STUDENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RANGE FEE. Treasure Coast Firearms LLC provides the firearm, ammunition, eye protection, and hearing protection for this portion of the class.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Certificate of Completion which can be used to obtain his/her Florida Concealed Weapon License.
For students who require training with handguns, Treasure Coast Firearms Training LLC offers the NRA Basic Pistol Course. This class is for new and experienced shooters alike. It’s FUN and informative and a great refresher for those who have already handled pistols in the past.