Course Description: This course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching the NRA-NMLRA Basic Muzzleloading Shooting course. Instructor candidates demonstrate organizational and teaching skills by participating in multiple practical exercises during the course and complete an instructor certification examination. Instructor Candidates should allow ample study time as we distribute course materials upon payment to be read prior to the class.
- Introduction to NRA-NMLRA Basic Muzzleloading Shooting Course Lesson Plans
- Teaching General Muzzleloader Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Teaching Black Powder and Loading Muzzleloading Guns
- Basic Muzzleloading Instructional Method
- Teaching Firing and Cleaning a Muzzleloader
- Teaching Shooting a Muzzleloader from Cross-sticks
- Teaching Shooting a Muzzleloader from the Offhand (Standing) Position
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Muzzleloading Shooters
- Teaching Shooting Activities and Muzzleloaders
Prerequisites: All students must have successfully completed the NRA-NMLRA Basic Muzzleloading Shooting Course. NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) should be current within the past 24 months or will need to be taken prior to credentials being issued. Prior to the instructor training, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearms background in pre-course assessment exercises.
Treasure Coast Firearms Training will provide the guns and ammunition for this course
A cooler with food and liquids for the entire day (we will take breaks, but no lunch or snacks will be served)
Pen and paper for taking notes