Course Description: This course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching the NRA Basic Personal Protection in The Home course. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course and complete an instructor certification examination. Instructor Candidates should allow ample study time as we distribute course materials upon payment to be read prior to the class.
- Introduction to NRA Basic Personal Protection in The Home Course Lesson Plans
- Teaching Introduction to Defensive Shooting
- Teaching Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
- Teaching Firearms and the Law, Possession, Ownership, and the Use of Deadly Force
- Teaching Strategies for Home Safety and Responding to a Violent Confrontation
- Teaching Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense
- Teaching Sport Shooting Activities and Training Opportunities
Prerequisites: Must be an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor. NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) should be current within the past 24 months or will need to be taken prior to credentials being issued. Prior to the course, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearm background in pre-course assessment exercises.
Pistol suitable for self-defense (i.e. centerfire)
2-3 magazines for semi-auto pistols
Speed loaders for revolvers
250 factory cartridges
Eye and ear protection
A hat is highly recommended
A cooler with snacks and liquids
Pen and paper for taking notes
View Cart Product successfully added to your cart.
Successfully Added to your Shopping Cart
Adding to Cart...
$450.00Successfully Added to your Shopping CartAdding to Cart...