- Saturday & Sunday, November 26-27
Course Description: The NRA Pistol Shooting Instructor Course teaches the knowledge, skills and attitude essential to organizing, promoting and teaching NRA’s Basic Pistol Shooting course. The course is presented in two parts: basic instructor training, and discipline specific instructor training. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course and complete an instructor certification examination. Instructor Candidates should allow ample study time as we distribute course materials upon payment to be read prior to the class. Successful completion of this course will enable candidates to teach Florida Concealed Weapon Permit classes.
- The Instructor and the NRA Basic Firearm Training Program
- Using a Training Team
- Training Materials and Training Aids
- Organizing Your Course
- Preparing to Teach
- Introduction to NRA Lesson Plans
- Teaching Pistol Knowledge and Safe Handling
- Teaching Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Basic Pistol Instructional Method
- Teaching Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualification
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Pistol Shooters
- Teaching Scoring Targets, and Selecting & Maintaining a Pistol
- Teaching Continued Opportunities for Skill Development
- Using NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course Evaluation and Performance Requirements Checklist
Booking and Cancellation Policy:
Cutoff date for registration is one week prior to class. This allows time for students to receive the course materials and study prior to meeting.
Cancellations by students must be at least 7 days prior to class. Otherwise, a $75 cancellation fee must be imposed to cover the cost of materials and venue charge.
We make every effort to fill classes. If we are unable to book enough students for a particular date, we will re-schedule with at least one week’s notice to students. Students will then have the option of attending on the new date or obtaining a refund (minus cost of books).
Registration for class indicates that student understands and accepts these terms.
Prerequisites: All students must have successfully completed the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor Led Course. Possession of basic firearm safety and shooting skills is also required for certification as a NRA instructor. Prior to the instructor training, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearms background in pre-course assessment exercises.
1 full size semi-automatic pistol (if you have one): ONE THAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH
1 full size revolver (if you have one): ONE THAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH
50 factory cartridges for each
Eye and ear protection
A hat is highly recommended
A cooler with snacks and liquids
Pen and paper for taking notes
Product successfully added to your cart.View Cart
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Course with BIT
Successfully Added to your Shopping Cart
Adding to Cart...
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Course with BIT$800.00Successfully Added to your Shopping CartAdding to Cart...