Available Dates: Sunday, February 27
Course Description: NRA Rifle Instructor training proceeds through lessons that will teach you how to conduct the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting course according to NRA teaching methods and National Standards. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course and complete an instructor certification examination. Instructor Candidates should allow ample study time as we distribute course materials upon payment to be read prior to the class.
- Introduction to NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Lesson Plans
- Teaching Rifle Knowledge and Safe Handling
- Teaching Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting
- Basic Rifle Instructional Method
- Teaching Firing the First Shots
- Teaching Scoring Targets, and Selecting & Maintaining a Rifle
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Rifle Students
- Additional Rifle Positions, Fundamentals Outline for Rifle Shooting, Rifle Instructional Method and the Performance Requirements Checklist
Prerequisites: All students must have successfully completed the NRA Basics of Rifle Shooting Course. NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) should be current within the past 24 months or will need to be taken prior to credentials being issued. Possession of basic firearm safety and shooting skills is also required for certification as a NRA instructor. Prior to the instructor training, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearms background in pre-course assessment exercises.
100 factory cartridges
Eye and ear protection
A hat is highly recommended
A cooler with food and liquids for the entire day (we will take breaks, but no lunch or snacks will be served)
Pen and paper for taking notes