Available Dates: Sat & Sun, October 17-18
Course Description: NRA Shotgun Instructor training proceeds through lessons that will teach you how to conduct the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting course according to NRA teaching methods and National Standards. Students demonstrate organizational and teaching skills via participation in practical exercises during the course and complete an instructor certification examination. Instructor Candidates should allow ample study time as we distribute course materials upon payment to be read prior to the class.
- Introduction to NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Lesson Plans
- Teaching Shotgun Knowledge and Safe Handling
- Teaching Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of Shotgun Shooting
- Basic Shotgun Instructional Method
- Teaching the Shooting Skills Practical Exercise
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Shotgun Students
- Teaching Continued Opportunities for Shotgun Skill Development
Prerequisites: All students must have successfully completed the NRA Basics of Shotgun Shooting Course. NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) should be current within the past 24 months or will need to be taken prior to credentials being issued. Possession of basic firearm safety and shooting skills is also required for certification as a NRA instructor. Prior to the instructor training, candidates complete a pre-course questionnaire and demonstrate their firearms background in pre-course assessment exercises.
Shotgun of any caliber (either semi-automatic or over/under)
100 factory cartridges (either #7-1/2 or #8)
Eye and ear protection
A hat is highly recommended
A cooler with snacks and liquids
Pen and paper for taking notes