Basic Shotgun Instructor
This 11-hour course is designed to instruct the student HOW TO TEACH the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting course. Instructor candidates will learn how to conduct the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting course step by step using the NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course Outline and Lesson Plans, and how to teach shotgun shooting on a basic level.
Lessons include how to teach NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; shotgun parts and operation; shotgun shell components; shotgun shell malfunctions; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting at straight away and angled targets; cleaning; and continued opportunities for skill development.
All courses include the required instructor guides, instruction and follow up support.
PLEASE NOTE: Certifications are issued by the NRA training department. Therefore, there will be additional certification and processing fees payable to the NRA.
To qualify as a NRA Basic Shotgun Instructor:
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete both the NRA Basics of Shotgun Shooting and the NRA Shotgun Instructor Course, and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
- Complete the NRA Basic Instructor Training Course within the past 2 years if it is not part of this offering
- Pass the Shotgun Instructor Pre-Qualification.pdf, which we will perform during class.
- Please remember NRA Instructor Courses are performance-based courses. Instructor Candidates must possess the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of training.