Basic Muzzle Loading Instructor Course
This 12-hour course is designed to instruct the student HOW TO TEACH the NRA-NMLRA Basic Muzzleloading Shooting course. Instructor candidates will learn how to conduct the course step by step using the NRA Course Outline and Lesson Plans. It includes classroom and range time learning to teach NRA/NMLRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun skills.
Lessons include how to teach Muzzleloader knowledge and safe gun handling, Black Powder and loading Muzzleloaders, Firing and Cleaning a Muzzleloader, Shooting from Cross-sticks, Shooting Offhand and Shooting Activities and Muzzleloaders.
All courses include the required instructor guides, instruction and follow up support.
PLEASE NOTE: Certifications are issued by the NRA training department. Therefore, there will be additional certification and processing fees payable to the NRA.
To qualify as a NRA-NMLRA Certified Instructor:
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete both the NRA -NMLRA Basic Muzzleloading Shooting Course and the NRA-NMLRA Basic Muzzleloading Instructor Course, and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
- Complete the NRA Basic Instructor Training Course within the past 2 years if it is not part of this offering
- Pass the Muzzleloading Instructor Pre-Qualification.pdf, which we will perform during class.
- Fill out the PreCourse-Questionnaire.pdf
Please remember NRA Instructor Courses are performance-based courses. Instructor Candidates must possess the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of training.
Please download and read our Liability_Waiver.pdf